THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS OF ALL AGENCIES, MEN & WOMEN, WHO GO OUT IN HARM'S WAY, EVERY DAY, TO FIGHT THE CRIMINAL ELEMENT AND STRIVE TO KEEP THE PEACE AND THE CITIZENS SAFE FROM HARM; TO THE LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES WHILE PROTECTING AND SERVING THE PUBLIC; AND TO ALL THOSE THAT SERVE IN LAW ENFORCEMENT, A MOSTLY THANKLESS JOB, I SAY: THANK GOD, THERE ARE MEN & WOMEN, LIKE YOU, WITH THE INTESTINAL FORTITUDE TO PLACE YOUR LIVES ON THE LINE, FOR US, THE PUBLIC, AND TO TAKE ON THE MOST DANGEROUS OF JOBS. MAY GOD PROTECT YOU AND KEEP YOU SAFE DURING YOUR TOURS OF DUTY!

JOHN
WFPD-RETIRED
REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE!!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Annual Police Fish Fry (Don's pics) 9-27-08

Saturday, 9-27-08, Tony hosted the Annual Fish Fry that his deceased father, retired police Sgt, Leroy, had started years before. There were numerous folks there, some I knew, some I didn't know, some I knew but forgot their names (S.O.P. with me lately. I have BAD CRS). Scroll down and check out the pictures that Sgt Don took and sent to me. REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE!!

Charles (sitting) talks to Wentzel. Harvey is seated next to Wentzel and Bill is on the other side of the tree.



Tony, with the sunglasses, talks to the cooks


Sgt. Vernon & his wife


Tony, the host of today's event...Ya done good Tony!!


Roy Don (black), Eric (green) , Norman (orange) and Curtis (Light blue shirt) all in a conversationBill & Ken

Charles, Wentzel & Harvey


Wentzel, Charles, Deborah & John


Tommy & family


Roy Lee, Roy Don & Curtis


The cooks & relatives & friends of Tony's


Kyle enjoys a cold brew


Harvey


Wives


Mrs. Gene & LeeAnn

This will terminate this post. Thanks again to my former supervisor, Sgt Don, for sending the pics and letting me put them on the blog. Scroll down for more posts and don't forget to click the "older posts" link at the bottom of each page for more posts..Until next post, ya'll be careful out there and stay vigilant...........JOHN



3 comments:

Detective Dave (retired) said...

Ok John... please don't take this the wrong way, but those first two pictures reminded me of a cold case that we just got a conviction on. How come all the photos of guys in shorts in the late 70's early 80's look like sex offenders? Man it's creepy... I bet I've got a couple of those shots from the summer of '79 that now make me look like a pedaphile. Hope the fish was good brother...

Detective Dave (retired) said...

Oh crap... I just realized my blog photo is from '78. I look like friggin Charles Manson! See what I mean?

shaving soap said...

Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting.