THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS OF ALL AGENCIES, MEN & WOMEN, WHO GO OUT IN HARM'S WAY, EVERY DAY, TO FIGHT THE CRIMINAL ELEMENT AND STRIVE TO KEEP THE PEACE AND THE CITIZENS SAFE FROM HARM; TO THE LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES WHILE PROTECTING AND SERVING THE PUBLIC; AND TO ALL THOSE THAT SERVE IN LAW ENFORCEMENT, A MOSTLY THANKLESS JOB, I SAY: THANK GOD, THERE ARE MEN & WOMEN, LIKE YOU, WITH THE INTESTINAL FORTITUDE TO PLACE YOUR LIVES ON THE LINE, FOR US, THE PUBLIC, AND TO TAKE ON THE MOST DANGEROUS OF JOBS. MAY GOD PROTECT YOU AND KEEP YOU SAFE DURING YOUR TOURS OF DUTY!

JOHN
WFPD-RETIRED
REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE!!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Retiree's Breakfast 7-10-08

Today, Thursday , 7-10-08, we had our weekly meeting of local law enforcement retirees in Iowa Park, Texas, for breakfast at one of the local Cafe's. As usual, the crowd is never the same and this made 2 weeks in a row that I have made it.. Bo showed up and I haven't seen Bo in awhile..Turned out, 4 of us rode motorcycle's to the breakfast & those will be shown later on in this post. So, scroll on down and check out this weeks post of the Retiree's breakfast, aka The Weekly Old Farts Breakfast". This will be a weekly post from here on out, if I can get out of bed that early to attend...REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.



To start with, one of the guys who worked as a police officer for the Wichita Falls Police Department for 34 years, died this week and was buried in Bowie Texas. J.H. Williams was a character that we all worked with and loved. He was noted for wearing his hat, like a 25 mission hat from WW II or the service caps at a slant that was popular in those days. Here is a link to J.H's obituary, and you can see how he wore his hat. Above is a picture of Kelly wearing his hat in memory of J.H. Rest easy J.H. We WILL see you again. http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2008/jul/09/jh-williams/

Here are Roy Don (Wilson hat) & Herman (overalls) having a good laugh. That's what I love about these breakfast's. They are a lot of fun and we all laugh a lot..




Bill (striped shirt) and Herman talk to Roy Don & Norman (red shirt). Norman had to leave early and I didn't get any other pics of him




Bill, David & Mark in a discussion and by the looks on their faces, it's a good story...All the guys are good for some hilarious stories..



Bill, David & Mark look expectantly at the camera & are waiting for something hilarious from me..I disappointed them because when I tell funny stories I laugh and when I laugh, my face cracks...So, I remained mute..Not!!


David and Iris get together for a pic as Mark enjoys breakfast


David giving Kari a hug..She seems to be enjoying it..David & her are good friends.




Dottie, in the kitchen, looks on as Kelly takes her picture




Mark gives Iris his order..Iris is a lot of fun and she gets a lot of grief from us. But, we would all defend her if anyone tried to jack with her..




The table:Bill, David & Mark. Other side: Bo, Roy Don & Me. Center at the end: back of Herman's head...


Me, Iris & Kelly..I think she was trying to position that pen to jab into my ear, accidentally of course, to put me out of action, thus allowing everyone else to enjoy themselves without the camera flash going off all the time..



Greg arrives and makes the rounds shaking everyone's hands. When we arrive, we all do the same thing.


Greg loves me and gives me my weekly hug. We do this everywhere we run into each other..We were partner's along time ago and he is now the Secretary/Treasurer of the Blue Knights Texas XX LE MC.

Greg talks to Kelly & Roy Don as Mark looks on.


Mark & Greg talking as Iris waits patiently for Greg to give her his order


Roy Don, Bo & Herman talking...


Table from Kelly down: Kelly, Roy Don, B0, Dottie in the kitchen,Herman & Bill.


Bo relaxing before heading out to ride off on his Harley

Bo, Kari & Herman. Kari works next door to the Cafe, for the Iowa Park Leader, Iowa Park's Newspaper as its Advertising Director. The paper has been covering Iowa Park since 1969.



The Table: Bo, Herman, Bill, David & Mark...


Bo & Herman. Herman used to have the Downtown beat when it was a beat that you walked. He got to know a lot of business owners up front & personal while doing the foot patrol.


Prior to leaving, we gather on the walk in front of the Cafe. Here are Mark & David


Here are Herman & Roy Don. Roy Don, as Commander of the Police Academy & as a Shift Commander & as a Major, pulled my butt out of the fire, more times than I can count & I can never repay him enough.

Bo fixin' to leave the Cafe.. We were on police motors together when a bi-plane crashed on the southwest part of town. We got there and were doing security when, simultaneously, the Red Cross with sandwiches showed up, and a stripper from one of the clubs showed up with her pet monkey that she used in her shows (?).. I was just getting ready to eat a Red Cross bologna sandwich & she walked up to me with that stupid monkey and it grabbed my sandwich..It was bad enough the little thing grabbed my food but it did it in front of a boat load of officers and an even bigger crowd of civilians..I wanted to kill that thing..Bo, in the meantime, almost choked on his sandwich, he was laughing so hard. I was embarrassed and couldn't think of anything to say, so, to make matters even worse, I told that stripper she better go home and spank that monkey!!!



Okay, now onto the bikes that we rode. This is Greg & his Harley

Here is Greg on his Harley..He is 6'8" and fits perfectly on that bike


Here is Greg's Harley. Sure is a good looking bike


The instrument panel on Greg's Harley.

Here is Bo's Harley. although his Harley & Greg's Harley look almost identical, I found out Bo's is a Road King & Greg's is an Ultra Classic..Good looking Harley Bo!!!


Bo standing proudly by his Harley. I can't wait until he can break free & ride with us. Many moons ago, I had a chopped Harley & he had a Goldwing & we went on several rides together..

Here is David's Goldwing. His bike is becoming a regular on the motorcycle blog as he has started riding with us in the group and with me when nothing's going on. The bike blog is: http://www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com/



And, finally, my Vulcan, that I call Miss Clone, for the obvious reasons..

This will conclude this post. Be sure to scroll down for other cop type posts. Until next cop like function/breakfast & post, ya'll be careful out there & don't take candy from strangers.........JOHN







No comments: